Mtirala National Park: Where the cold springs beatJune 13, 2018
Mystery of ImeretiJune 13, 2018
Sights collection of Imereti
DURING THE EXCURSION YOU WILL HAVE OPPORTUNITY TO SEE:
- The Katskhi Pillar - represents a unique natural feature: the 40-meter high limestone monolith, which has the church on top of it. Ladder used to get to the church, is called "Stairway to Heaven"
- The Katshi Temple - was built in the beginning of the Georgian "Golden Age" by duke Baghvashi. It is unusual for Georgia, because it is a rare type of eight apsidal temples.
- The Monastery Mgvimevi - was built in the XIII century, by the efforts of Prince Rati. The monastery is situated in a large natural cave, which penetrates into the rock to a depth of 35 meters and consists of several buildings. The great hall of the temple of the Savior should be emphasized, where service is running.
- Dog Breed “Tabakini” - where you can get acquainted with a unique Caucasian Dog, Georgian type of it. At the moment, there are 19 dogs, which will fill you with positive emotions for the whole day.
Overnight in Kutaisi
Kutaisi - the second-large city of Georgia which was the capital of a legendary Colchis Civilization well-known for the gold-mining.
- Prometheus Cave - explore stalactites, stalagmites and stalagnats, which are accompanied by sound and light effects, creating the atmosphere of fantastic movies inside the halls-On Monday not working
- Gelati Monastery (XII), the Golden Age of Georgia, which used to be a center of religious and scientific live of Middle Ages, burial vault of Georgian Kings, cultic place for palmers. It is UNESCO World heritage site.
- Church of Saint Martyrs of David and Konstantine, who were violently killed during invasion of Arabic conqueror Marwan ibn Muhammad in Georgia. Lords were canonized, put in monstrance and were carried to the territory of stone church.
- Free time in the Kutaisi center
- Return to Batumi.